Sunday, May 17, 2009

A night to remember ;-)

A boy of five, was I
'twas the best of summer time,
Away from the evil school
My hols were going just fine :)

This day I sauntered into the house
Smelly and hungry like a fat mouse
When mommy turned and flashed her smile
"Darling, you'll be on your own tonight"
There was this important late night party
that she had to go to with daddy
I was brave and old enough, wasn't I ?
and it was only a few hours' time.

I smiled to myself bubbling with thoughts
Of what all I could do and what not !
Here at last was my share of freedom..
Oh, how I would boast to my friends at dawn !!

No sooner did they turn their back on me
I rushed to the refrigerator in glee,
stuffing myself with forbidden goodies,
scheming my next action already...
Dad's room had this mammoth bath tub
The only time I'd used it, it badly needed a scrub :P
But here it was bouncing happily at my plan,
God only knows for how long I swam !
Exhausted at last, I stretched on the hammock
In mom's balcony, we dangerously rocked,
picturing the stories I would tell my friends,
smiling away at my unforeseen luck...
And lo! he stepped into my sight,
creeping towards me, dark as the night;
I screamed in terror as he approached,
helpless as I was as I swung to and fro.
The most feared enemy of us all -
he blocked my way into the hall
I couldn't stop my hammock, blow,
the only other way was the 3 floors' fall !!
I tasted my tears trickling down,
all my heroics swiftly drowned..
I must have been screaming really loud,
or I 'd have heard my parents back in the house.

My dear brave mother came to the rescue -
producing a broom from out of the blue,
she banged on the spider until he was dead...
and took me in her arms while my dad shook his head.

1 comment: